Costardi Bros’ very original recipe of Risotto al Pomodoro ! Tasty, authentic, trendy, unique !
La recette très originale de Risotto al Pomodoro des frères Costardi ! Savoureux, authentique, innovant, unique!
「コスタディ・ブラザーズ」 (兄弟) の「リゾット・アル・ポモドーロ」非常にオリジナルなレシピ！
Ristorante Manuel & Christian Costardi (Vercelli)
For the Costardi brothers risotto is sacred. You can taste 25 different risottos at their restaurant.
Christian even has a rice grain tattooed behind his ear.
Risotto al Pomodoro
When Christian was a kid he hated the Risotto al Pomodoro of school. It was not red but pink and quite sour.
It took 30 years to realise and cook a real Risotto al Pomodoro.
- Carnaroli rice | Riz Carnaroli
- Tomato sauce (same gr as rice) | Sauce Tomate (environ le même poids que le riz)
- Lemon zest julienne | Zest de citron en julienne
- Butter | Beurre
- Olive oil | Huile d’olive
- Pesto: Basil, extra virgin olive oil, pine nuts, garlic, salt | Pesto: Basilic, huile d’olive extra vierge, pignons, ail, sel
- Salt & pepper | Sel & poivre
Oh !!! A special Costardi rice !!!
The quality of the rice is very important in a risotto. This special rice is a little grey (half brown).
The tomato sauce has to slow cook with sweet tomatoes. They used a tomato like “San marzano campana” but from Puglia.
Slow cook for 4h tomatos, peeled and chopped, celery leaves, onions, in extra virgin olive oil. And mix it to a paste.
Crush a little piece of garlic with salt in a mortar, add the basil leafs,add the pine nuts, the oil extra virgin olive oil and the parmesan cheese.
1. Not as usual: Start with water and rice as you cook usual cook pilaf rice.
2. Half way drain the rice and finish to cook in the tomato sauce, season with salt and pepper.
3. Add butter, parmesan cheese and the olive oil when the rice is al dente
4. Serve in a can: Put 1 tablespoon of pesto, the risotto, 1 tablespoon of pesto and sprinkle with lemon zest julienne.
Why in a can ? It is original, can keep the risotto warm and the flavours and it is street food style. They made 12.000 cans last year !
Fashion police: WO-HOW Christian’s three-Tongue Vivienne Westwood’s sneakers chef !!! I am amazed by the style of Italian chefs !
They rock !!!
Grazie Chef Manuel & Christian, Cultural Festival et Mauro Bochicchio !
Oh no … Can’t believe I missed this restaurant during my stay for salone del mobile at milano